Are you hesitant about storing clothing? It doesn’t have to be scary! Cleaning out your closet, whether for season changes or moving, doesn’t mean you to have get rid of your clothing. Storage can be an extension of your closet. Here are some tips for protecting your clothing in storage.
5 Quick Tips for Storing Clothing:
- Wash or dry clean all clothing and jackets before storing. Dirt, oils, perfumes or stains on unclean clothing will attract many insects, especially in high temperatures.
- Store clothes in an airtight container or bin. Throw in some cedar wood blocks or lavender to keep moths and insects away from snacking on your clothes.
- Purchase any form of Damp-rid and place it in your storage unit. Damp-rid will keep humidity away from your belongings.
- Use appropriate hangers for heavier items like coats and ski pants. It’s important to have some solid hangers for your winter gear so that they won’t get damaged.
- Stuff newspaper in your boots to help them hold its shape. Do not store them all into one plastic bag. The soles and heels of boots can damage the other boots in there.