Moving is stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you can trust is essential. Follow the below tips when choosing a moving company to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Make sure you feel absolutely comfortable with whatever moving company you end up using. This is the most important tip!
- Don’t wait until last minute to research the companies. This will make the process very exhausting and rushed.
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List.
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Label boxes with a sharpie or sticker labels. When you begin unpacking in your new home, you will find your belongings much easier!
- Along with labeling boxes, it can help to add what room they belong in.
Swap Out Your Seasons
Last month we told you how to store your winter clothing so that nothing gets damaged. Check out that blog here. This month, we are getting ready to start packing up the summer gear and putting it into storage while taking out the fall/winter items. It can be a stressful time for a first time self-storage renter. We have put together some helpful instructions to make your storage experience a breeze and save you countless trips to and from your storage unit.
There is a lot involved in planning your trip to your storage unit.
- Sort your belongings that you are taking to your unit and place alike items into piles. Properly pack each pile. Use moving blankets, totes, and sturdy cardboard boxes to keep your belongings from getting damaged. If you need packing supplies, we have an assortment in the office that you can purchase.
- Keep a list of the items you are storing so you know what you have in your storage unit each time you swap items out every season.
- Plan in advance what is coming back with you before you go to drop off your items so you don’t have to take multiple trips to and from your unit.
- Travel to your unit with the items that you are dropping off and enough boxes, blankets, and totes to bring home the items you were storing.
- When you arrive at your storage unit, remove each item that you plan to take home with you from your unit. Clean up and clear out the space to start unloading your vehicle. Pack up your items that were stored and pack them carefully into your vehicle and enjoy them for the start of the new season!
We know that moving can be a stressful time in your life-the third most stressful time to be exact-, so let us make your move easier! Along with being here for your storage needs, we have created a checklist to remind you of items that need to be completed in order to make your move successful! Stop by the office or print the one below and use this for your move!